East Bay Men's Groups
- When: Thursdays from 5:30pm-7:00pm
- Where: In person in South Berkeley (address below)
- Cost: $100 per meeting
- Download a PDF Flyer
Men face challenges in many parts of life
- Emotions such as stress, anger, anxiety, or depression can be overwhelming.
- Workplaces provide a host of challenges such as deadlines, difficult co-workers or general dissatisfaction.
- Intimate relationships are hard to navigate at any stage, whether it's dating or maintaining meaningful long-term connection
- Family relationships bring up questions about what it means to be a son, brother, or father
Men can struggle in all these arenas, in part, because they don't have enough deep emotional support and connection with others.
By engaging in real, honest and open relationship with one another, it's possible for men to both receive and give support that can create profound change for themselves in many parts of life.
About the Group
This East Bay Men's Group is an interpersonal psychotherapy process group available to all who identify as men, including trans men. The group will be run by David Heliotis, LPCC. David has been trained in mindfulness and somatic (body-oriented) approaches to therapy. Alongside interpersonal process, he may use mindfulness and awareness of the body to support group members in recognizing and experiencing emotion more fully.
The group will meet at David's office in South Berkeley, 1 block from Ashby BART.
2915 Martin Luther King Jr Way
Berkeley, CA 94703
This group is newly forming, and the expected start date is April 2024.